How is the procedure?
The whole procedure lasts about half an hour.
Before this, the Minor test is performed, which allows you to determine the severity and localization of hyperhidrosis, then anesthesia is applied to the skin and a drug based on botulinum toxin is injected, which reduces the secretion of sweat glands.
Intradermal injections are carried out at ten points in each axillary region.
- In most cases, the recommended dose will keep results for 8-12 months.
- The time for re-injection is determined individually according to clinical need.
- Injections should not be given more than once every 12 weeks.
- There is evidence of a cumulative effect with repeated doses of the drug, so the duration of treatment is determined individually for each patient.
Restrictions after the procedure are minimal.
Favorable security profile
99% of patients rated their treatment tolerance as good or excellent four weeks after the first injection.
Won't something in the body be broken if the armpits stop sweating?
Only 2% of the sweat glands are located in the armpits. They practically do not participate in thermoregulation. Sweat glands are located throughout the body, so blocking them in the armpits will not affect the electrolyte-water exchange and thermoregulation of the body.
What are the contraindications to the use of botulinum toxin in the treatment of hyperhidrosis?
- Inflammation in the treatment area, skin diseases
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Blood clotting disorder
- Allergic reaction to Botox
- Predisposition to keloid scarring
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases
- Neurological diseases (epilepsy)
How many units of the drug will be needed?
The number of units of the drug depends on the treatment area and the degree of sweating. During the procedure, 30 to 100 units of Botox are injected into the armpits.
High dose of botulinum toxin - is it safe?
The maximum dose of botulinum toxin injection in cosmetology for the treatment of hyperhidrosis is 3 bottles of Botox. What is an absolutely safe dose for a healthy person.
How long does the effect of hyperhidrosis treatment last?
The effect of the injection procedure lasts about 6-12 months. With the repeated introduction of botulinum toxin, the body already copes with the action of the toxin faster. Therefore, in the future, to eliminate sweating, 3-4 procedures per year will be required.
Which drug is better?
In our cosmetology centers, 3 drugs are offered for the treatment of underarm hyperhidrosis: Dysport, Xeomin, Botox. The choice of toxin depends on the degree of sweating and the area of the procedure. The specialists of the clinic will select the most effective remedy for you, based on the individual characteristics of the body.
Is there rehabilitation after the procedure?
After 2-3 days after the introduction of botulinum toxin, the effect can already be seen. In the period of 2-3 weeks after the injections, the sweat glands will stop producing sweat. So that sweating does not resume immediately, and the injection area does not become inflamed, you should follow the recommendations:
- Don't sunbathe
- Do not visit baths and saunas
- Do not massage the injection area
- Do not use skin care products (unless prescribed by a doctor)
- Avoid physical activity for 7 days
Is it possible to combine laser hair removal and Botox in the armpits?
There are no contraindications to the combination of the two procedures. On the contrary, after the introduction of Botox and muscle relaxation, laser hair removal will be much easier.