> 58 th patients
Doctors of science
About the department
K+31 employs endoscopist doctors with extensive experience in performing both high-quality diagnostics and a wide range of endoscopic therapeutic procedures, including under sedation (in sleep).
The endoscopy department provides highly effective diagnosis and treatment of diseases:
- organs of the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine),
- pancreatobiliary zone (duct systems of the gallbladder and pancreas),
- tracheobronchial tree.
The use of endoscopic examination techniques with magnification, in the mode of a narrow spectrum of light (NBI) and chromoscopy significantly expands the diagnostic capabilities, allowing you to see the slightest changes in the mucous membrane. Timely and efficiently performed endoscopy allows detecting changes in the early stages, thereby preventing the development of an advanced stage of diseases, including oncological ones.
Modern equipment at K+31 allows you to perform a high-quality study and create the most comfortable conditions for the patient, while minimizing the unpleasant sensations from the procedure. With increased sensitivity, fear, low pain threshold, we can conduct a study with anesthesia (sedation) under the supervision of a highly qualified team of anesthesiologists.
In K+31, the following types of diagnostics are carried out:
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy (gastroscopy, or EGDS) - examination of the upper parts of the digestive tract (esophagus, stomach and duodenum);
- colonoscopy - examination of the lower parts of the digestive tract (colon);
- video capsule endoscopy and colonoscopy – examination of the small and large intestine using a small capsule with a video camera;
- balloon-assisted (single-balloon) enteroscopy – examination of the small intestine with an enteroscope (special mirror);
- endosonography (endoscopy) is a combination of ultrasound and endoscopic diagnostics. With the help of a video endoscope, ultrasound examination is performed directly through the wall of the organ (esophagus, stomach).
Endoscopic examination can be supplemented with:
- biopsy - taking part of the mucous membrane for laboratory (histological) examination. It is performed during endoscopy using thin flexible instruments that are passed through a special channel of the device. The biopsy is painless, but may lengthen the procedure by several minutes;
- chromoscopy - staining the mucous membrane of the examined organs using dyes. This technique allows you to more clearly examine the surface and dimple pattern of the mucous membrane, emphasize the contours of flat formations and the smallest depressions, allowing you to detect neoplasms at an early stage;
- laparoscopic surgery - a low-traumatic procedure performed through small holes, without large incisions;
- express test to determine the presence of Helicobacter pylori infection using the "Helpil-test" - the technique allows you to determine the presence of Helicobacter bacteria in the obtained biopsy specimen within a few minutes, which is the cause of a number of diseases.
Doctors of K+31 clinics perform medical/surgical interventions through an endoscope using special instruments that are carried out through the instrument channel of the apparatus. Endoscopic operations are performed by us on an outpatient basis and in a hospital setting. In some cases, treatment avoids surgery.
Types of therapeutic endoscopic interventions K+31:
- removal of foreign bodies from the stomach, small and large intestine, tracheobronchial tree;
- stopping intraluminal bleeding using a wide range of endoscopic techniques (including their combinations);
- removal of neoplasms (polyps, etc.) using modern endoscopic techniques, including the tunneling method;
- oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) for cardia achalasia;
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticography) for diseases of the bile ducts and the main excretory duct of the pancreas;
- installation of self-expanding stents for stenosing tumors and benign strictures of the gastrointestinal tract;
- balloon dilatation of benign gastrointestinal strictures;
- imposition of a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG);
- endoscopic treatment of Zenker's diverticulum;
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGDS);
- ligation of varicose veins of the esophagus;
- removal of gastrointestinal tract formations using loop electro excision techniques and endoscopic mucosal resection;
- diagnostic and operative laparoscopy.
All endoscopic stands are provided with the ability to perform video recording of studies and image capture. Each protocol includes photographic images of the main anatomical areas and changes identified during the study; there is a video archive in the endoscopic database, which is very convenient for constantly observed patients.
Sterility of endoscopic procedures
Advanced endoscope processing techniques, as well as disposable consumables used in the K+31, prevent patients from becoming infected. Safety is also ensured by processing endoscopes in the company's automatic reprocessors using effective safe means. After processing, the endoscopes are placed in the system for drying and storage until next use. Transportation of endoscopes to the office is carried out using special containers providing aseptic conditions. These measures allow us to safely and safely perform endoscopic procedures at a professional and infectious-safe level!